Rice Cooker Ratings
On this page we provide detailed rice cooker ratings along with how we take the researched material others reported and mold them into specific criteria for posting. Remember, all of our rice cooker reviews and articles you find on this site are based on what many others who own the item had to say.
Please use this information as reference when researching the rice cooker model(s) of your choice.
How We Rate and a Look at Our Detailed Rating System
Our rice cooker review rating system is as follows:
*at time of review
- Excellent: (model cooks all *displayed rice types and/or white rice perfectly. Expect some trial and error when cooking other rice types)
- Very Good: (model cooks all *displayed rice types and/or white rice above standard. Expect some trial and error when cooking other rice types)
- Good: (model cooks all*displayed rice types and/or white rice to an average standard. Expect some trial and error when cooking other rice types)
- Decent: (model cooks most white rice types to an acceptable and/or slightly below average standard. Expect some trial and error when cooking other rice types)
- Poor: (model cooks rice to an unacceptable standard)
*Displayed: refers to the rice types that are offered on the onboard menu. Please keep in mind that there may be some trial and error when cooking & experimenting with other rice varieties. Since there are hundreds of varieties of rice…overall quality will vary using any rice cooker!
Benefits & Features
- Multiple: (model offers a wide-array of menu selections: rice cycles for cooking several specific grain types as well as additional features such as steaming and slow-cooking along with timer, clock, programming, and keep warm options)
- Several: (model offers only one additional feature such as a steaming or slow-cooking along with rice cycles for cooking several specific grain types as well as timer, clock, programming, and keep warm options)
- Few: (model uses a basic “rapid-boil-style” method of cooking rice and usually does not offer timer, clock, rice cycle, or programming settings. A steaming and keep warm feature may still be present)
- None: (model offers no additional benefits, features, or settings as mentioned above with the exception of a keep warm mode)
We may also factor in other benefits & features not mentioned on above list such as extended keep warm features, condensation collectors, etc.
- Excellent: (all settings and/or additional features work perfectly and with consistency. All removable/working parts are well-constructed and users will not experience boil-over or rice crusting issues)
- Good: (all settings and/or additional features work at an acceptable level. All removable/working parts are well-constructed. However, folks may experience slight boil-over and/or rice crusting on bottom layer. *Most common with basic non micro-computerized remove-able top lid units)
- Fair: (parts may seem cheap; not all settings will produce consistent results. Folks may experience boil-over and/or rice crusting on bottom layer, “see tips” on Navbar)
- Poor: (a rare occurrence where settings fail to produce acceptable results. Model may stop working and/or die young, water boils over, and unit burns bottom layer of rice. Removable/working parts are poorly constructed)
Pros vs. Cons
- Pros Outweigh Cons: (overall, model offers more than it takes away and is worth purchasing. Receives a majority of positive consumer feedback throughout the Net)
- Balanced: (an equal amount of likes and dislikes and perhaps worth comparing to other models before considering to purchase. Receives an average rating throughout the Net)
- Cons Outweigh Pros: (too many issues found and worth skipping. Receives a majority of negative feedback throughout the Net)
After combining all of the above sub-ratings along with our own personal views we give a model an Overall Rice Cooker Review rating:
- Excellent: (strongly recommended and worth purchasing)
- Very Good: (recommended and worth purchasing)
- Good: (recommended but also worth comparing with other models before purchasing)
- Fair: (worth researching and/or comparing with other models before purchasing and not highly recommended)
- Poor: (not recommended for purchasing and worth skipping!)
We hope this rice cooker ratings chart proved helpful and provides a better understanding on how we bring the best rice cooker reviews on the net straight to you!
We would also love to hear your own rice cooker ratings and reviews. Please contact us with more information in regards to posting your personal findings on this site.
Matt & Dave